Monday, May 19, 2008

May 15th, 2008 Service Learning Meeting

Okay what we did this time was went to the seniors center! We went there and Charifa, Ashley, and I spoke with a woman named Agness. She was occupied at the time so she ended up giving us her business card. Charifa and I sent her an email talking about the schedule that we planned out. I believe that she's going to try and work with us. Lets hope it all goes good!


A. Three moments of emotions that I went through that day were:
1) A moment of realization was when we went to the senior citizen place to go and speak with someone face to face. We decided to take ignitative instead of just laying around.
2) A moment of frustaration happened when we finally go there. When we got there she was on the phone and we waited for a good 20 minutes and she wasn't able to meet with us. This was frustrating because we took action but nothing ended up happening! We basicly wasted our time! Grrr.
3) We were also indecisive during this time too. This was because were weren't sure what we should do because we were unable to talk to her and she never emailed us back. We didn't know whether we should give up or what!?

B. Through service learning I learned about the issue ofL: "taking action". You can't just sit on your ass and do nothing. If your not getting the results you want then you have to go out and do something about it. You can't just make a few calls and expect everything to work out the way you want it.

C. The way that my stereotypes have changed is towards senior citizens. For a moment in time I believed that they would be easy to work with and be up to do anything. Pretty much laid back people, that will go with whatever you told him. I was so wrong. I found this out when I went to the senior citizen place. I spoke with a few people and they were completely up to beat! Just about as energetic as me! This just made me more excited to work with them.

D. Through service learning I have learned the following about myself: I learned that I am a patient person, and that I sometimes need a little push when I want to do something. =)

No comments: